1. To assist, advise and generally help members of the Society in the keeping and breeding of animals known as Chinchilla Lanigera and Chinchilla Brevicaudata together with any mutant form of such animals.
2. To provide live animal shows as required by the membership.
3. To provide a journal called " The Gazette" to give members up-to-date information regarding the breeding of Chinchillas and any other relevant information.
THE AIMS OF THIS CODE OF PRACTICE ARE:-
1. To encourage responsible ownership of chinchilla.
2. To increase awareness of welfare issues.
3. To better educate members and other owners of the above issues.
1. These rules apply to all persons within the confines of the venue whether they are members of the society, visitors or members of the public.
2. Membership cards must be shown to enable a member to exhibit in any show run under NCS rules. Interested members of the public are allowed access to view the proceedings and seek information, free of charge.
3. Members, visitors and members of the general public must not bring into the venue animals which are not for exhibition at that show.
4. There is no admittance to children under 16 unless they are accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for their conduct.
5. There will be no Traders or Trade stands at Regional shows or the National show unless a licence is obtained from the Local Authority in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act 2004.
6. Traders will be classed as: anyone who normally trades (does business) under an EHA pet shop licence whether from a place of business or private dwelling or is VAT registered in the business of selling livestock.
7. All animals must be healthy and housed singly in the approved show cages as detailed in the show rules. Any animal deemed to be unhealthy in the opinion of the Show Manager shall be removed from display. In cases where contagion is possible removal from the venue is required.
8. No smoking will be allowed in close proximity to the animals.
9. Food and drink may be consumed remotely from the animals. An exception to this will be that during judging the Judge and Show Manager, who are close to the animals, will be allowed a drink, due care being exercised by both.
10. Members must ensure that a care sheet should be available for ALL livestock sold.
11. Animals offered for sale must be :-
a) Entered in the show as a bona fide exhibit.
b) Be in suitable condition.
c) No sales to under 16's.
d) No animal to be handled after being exhibited except at the point of sale.
12. If the Show Organisers request that receipts be given then all sellers must comply.
13. The FBH or Show Organisers accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage no matter how caused
ANY FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THESE RULES WILL LEAD TO EXPULSION FROM THE SHOW.